19.02.2021 - Diablo 2 Resurrected Announcement
Diablo 2: Resurrected was just announced at BlizzConline 2021!!!
The Lord of Destruction Returns
Diablo game director announced the Diablo 2 Remaster called Diablo 2: Resurrected
It looks different from what most people were anticipated. It looks like it will be a whole redesign.
There is now an official website for the game - https://diablo2.blizzard.com/
Sign up for the Technical Alpha
MrLammaSC had an interview with the devs currently working on Resurrected and they are very cool and passionate guys.
- PC & all consoles this year for $39.99 and Prive Evil Collection for $59.99. If you want to play a PC & Console you need separate purchases
- Prime Evil edition includes:
- Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls™ + Necormancer pack and cosmetics
- Mephisto pet and the fearsome wings, Hatred’s Grasp, for Diablo III
- Release date in 2021
- Moving from 2D to 3D
- No changes to Trading
- Improvement on how you browse for Battle.net games
- Seasons to be less than 6 months long
- Can be played offline
- Moving over to the modern Battle.net helps with duping and bots. They weren't specific on any other methods of stopping bots/duping for now
- Duplicate character names will be allowed. Behind the scenes the character name will be tied to your Bnet tag
- People can play Cross-region, i.e Europe, Asia, US
- Remastered graphics—monsters, heroes, items, spells, sounds, cinematics all resurrected
- Ultra High Definition 4k (2160p) remastered graphics on PC—or enjoy the original Diablo II, old-school style—at the press of a button with the legacy toggle with. When you switch back to classic the old classic Diablo 2 will be running as it was never remastered
- Faster Cast Rate and other framing counters will swtich from using frames to time but designers say that there will not be a change in the numbers
- Cross progression - Planned support for cross-progression—take your progress wherever you play. Cross-progression requires a linked Battle.net account and separate Diablo II: Resurrected purchase for each supporting platform.
- All Cinematics remastered
- Optional Gold Autoloot
- Item comparison using Shift key. No recommendation
- Expanded Stash
- Personal Stash increased from 6x8 to 10x10 grid.
- Shared Stash tab available to all characters on a single Battle.net account.
- Transfer gear easily between heroes—no mules required.
- Redesigned UI including Advanced Stats - Calcualtion of all magic properties such as total MF
- Revamped Ladder Seasons
Here is the whole announcement trailer. The tailer says that the game will be released in 2021 on PC and Consoles and it will have cross progression!
Here is the gallery of what we've got so far
This article will be updated with new content when new content is available