Page last updated: 03 July 2020 15:13
Diablo 2 Downloads
Here you will find useful downloads for Diablo 2 - Trainers, hero editor, diablo 2 item files, PlugY, Holy Grail folders and others as the time goes by.
You will not find any bots or hacks or dupes here. I respect the game hack free and I think the game would have been insanely good without the dupes, hacks or bots. I don't have anything against trainers as they are exclusive to single player and I think that people can do whatever they want (even botting) as long as it's single player.
Hero editors or trainers are used for single player editing of characters. The one that works across multiple versions of Diablo II, including 1.13, Pluggy and the newest official version - Hero Editor v1.04
Now please take this with the following consideratoin - Playing single player has been more and more popular in the recent years, especially with the Pluggy mode. People are playing legit characters and gearing themselves with self-found items. This is what Diablo II is all about. Trainers ruin this good feeling easily. It might feel like a good idea to give yourself a little start with a trainer but believe me - this will not last long and disappointment will soon kick in. If you still think you want to use a trainer, continue and download on your own caution.
Click here to download - Hero Editor v1.04
Install works on Windows 10 without any issues. Install and run. Open your character file (.d2s)
You can then edit stats, levels and pretty much everything
Another useful feature is to export/import items from your characters. More about it in the next section
- Diablo 1.13 (+ PlugY) - Inside the Diablo install folder under /Save folder
- Diablo 1.14+ - C:\Users\youruser\Saved Games\Diablo II
Diablo 2 Item file pack
This is a huge collection of .d2i item files for Diablo 2. It is a collection to which I have personally contributed a lot, especially with my own self-found unidentified unique and set items.
You can import/export these items as item files through a trianer such as the Hero Editor. The items are in a .d2i format. You can import items from the library to gear up an experimental build or just to start with an already geared character. The export function is also really good. If you have found an item and you want to share it (as an item file) with the rest of the world, you can export this item into a .d2i file where others can use too.
Download the item file pack - D2 Item Pack
Download and install PlugY
PlugY is Diablo II mod that is famous for preserving the game as it is while only extending the Stash of the character to infinite tabs and the stash is sharable across chracters for easy muling. The mod requires 1.13d version of the game so we need to do a little setup before we can play it.
Here is how to install it:
- Uninstall 1.14 version if you have one
- Download the 1.13 Installers for D2 and D2:LOD
- Install them. For CD Key - use your own or if you don't have any consider purchasing the game. It is worth it. If not, some good-hearted users on Reddit have shared their cd-keys for people to install and play single player. You won't be able to play Battle.net but for PlugY - should do the work.
- Now you need to patch the game to 1.13d (the lastest supported patch by PlugY) - LODPatch_113d.exe
- Now let's install PlugY itself. Download from here. Install it inside your Diablo II 1.13d installation folder
- That's it! You can now play PlugY!
- If you want to transfer your existing characters, copy their .d2s files (all of them) to your PlugY installation /Save folder
- You can use the Hero Editor to edit PlugY characters too so please do it with caution because it ruins fun
PlugY official page - http://plugy.free.fr/en/index.html
Holy Grail folders
Some people are having a lot of fun to try and collect all the unique and set items in the game. This is usually happening on PlugY where the stash can hold all the items for evidence. Another advanced achivement is to actually have a screenshot of each item dropping. I will be soon developing an app to the Holy Grail where you will be able to record and upload your own Holy Grail lists but until it's ready you can download this Holy Grail folder pack below. It just contains empty folders but they are sorted properly so you can put your drop screenshots in there.
So basically just unzip the archive somewhere. It is a collection of empty folders. Whenever you find an item, screenshot it while on the ground, then take the screenshot from your Diablo II folder and cut/paste it to the relevant folder inside the Holy Grail structure.